Learning to write:LION

 Teaching to write "LION" --My experiences in Teaching

..


Article 2
Using computer to kindle interest in education for “dull” students



The Principal, Mr.Muthukumar of the village school I worked was a very nice gentleman. He gave me appropriate encouragement and a very free hand in experimenting many things.


Hence, I used to assemble the "dullest" students from standards 1 to 6 and conduct innovative computer based classes to them using Multi-media software like Encarta Encyclopaedia and kindle their interest in learning.


First "see" the picture of a lion.
Then "hear" its roar.
Then "write" the word "lion"


To elaborate on this, I will make a kid type a word like "LION" into the encyclopaedia program. Within a few seconds, we get pictures of "lion" in the screen. If I click on a picture we hear the roaring of a lion in the speaker. Then I would go to the black board and write "LION".


Again, I would type "LION" in the paint program in big letters and fill it with attractive colours one by one. I will also get the help of the boys. Then, I ask the class to copy it down.

I would take about 10 minutes to write the letters L I O N on the black board. In fact, many of the 6 standard students in that school do not know even the 26 alphabets of the English language. That day they would have learnt 4 alphabets for sure.


I am glad to say that soon the students felt mesmerized in my teaching methods and the project was a great success. No doubt the "dull" students developed interest in education very soon.


*** *** ***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Left Handed Doctor - Translation

Fish can not climb tree / Psychology in Tamil EZHILARASAN CHILDCARE 0809 DUPLICATE

Childcare MENU 0514 EZHILARASAN VENKATACHALAM SALEM