THAREE NAADA INCIDENT (Shuttle jumping incident)

THAREE NAADA INCIDENT (Shuttle jumping incident)


MY REAL LIFE INCIDENTS ON CHILD REARING
.
.


Tamil Translation

I think then my elder daughter, Abinaya was about 2 years old. She was well-behaved, bold and always active like kids of that age. Once we all visited my father-in-law’s house as a family for a few days stay. They have a loom-shed adjoining to their house. There, round the clock, the workers will be weaving cloth in a couple of looms. Everybody, including my kids will be going to the loom-shed often. They will also chat and play with the labourers there.


One day, I had gone out and returned home. Then my daughter Abinaya approached me and said that “DADDY, THAREE NAADA YAEGIREE KADAVULA PATTUCHI”. If you translate that to English you get, “DAD, THE SHUTTLE JUMPED OUT OF THE LOOM AND HIT THE DOOR”. Her face was communicating something dangerous had happened. But I could not understand it. Keeping my face puzzled, I said to my daughter, “I CAN’T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAY, MY DARLING. I DON’T KNOW ---WHAT IS MEANT BY– NAADA?”. Immediately, she promised to show it to me. Like a pilot, she took my hand and led me to the loom-shed in the adjoining room. And I humbly obliged and followed her with genuine curiosity.


She pointed to a “rat like” part that went up and down the yarn. And she declared, “THAT PART IS CALLED –NAADA (SHUTTLE)”. I humbly acknowledged and nodded my head. She was happy about that. “THAT DAY MY 2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TAUGHT ME WHAT IS MEANT BY–NAADA (SHUTTLE)”.


WE SHOULD NOT ALWAYS BE THE TEACHER TO OUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS. WE SHOULD ALLOW THEM TO “TEACH” US SOMETHING AT LEAST ONCE IN A WHILE.


By the way, I knew the name of the loom part in English, viz, SHUTTLE because at that time, I happen to work in a Spinning Mill. But, though I would have heard the word “NAADA” in Tamil an umpteen times in my father-in-law’s house, it was never “registered” in my mind. And my daughter Abinaya made in register in Tamil.
*** *** ***
P.S. 1 : Shuttle is a small rat like part that goes in between the long threads in a loom. It is strong and sharp at both ends, but light in weight. If it hits our body while moving we will have grievous injury. It is also a costly part.
*** *** ***
P.S 2 :When I met with an accident in 2007, I was bed-ridden for 8 months. At that time, I started writing in Tamil my childcare book no.2. This is my own translation to English from my Tamil version. I want to give it to my daughters to BETTER THEIR ENGLISH.
*** *** ***

Ezhilarasan Venkatachalam Salem
Tamil Based English Trainer

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Left Handed Doctor - Translation

Fish can not climb tree / Psychology in Tamil EZHILARASAN CHILDCARE 0809 DUPLICATE

Childcare MENU 0514 EZHILARASAN VENKATACHALAM SALEM