My experiences in Teaching

My experiences in Teaching


Article 1 

I would like to narrate my teaching experience to my daughters and school students in the last few years in a couple of articles.

I taught my daughters' English lesson in our mother tongue viz.,
Tamil. I have two daughters aged 13 years and 9 years respectively (2005)  who are studying in a matriculation school in Salem.

Since LKG I had been spending my time on Sundays to teach all their subjects in our mother tongue viz. Tamil. Hence, now they are very fluent in English.


It is unfortunate that in almost all matriculation schools the teachers are very reluctant to explain the lessons in the mother tongue of the children.
 ***   ***   *** 
Ashamed to tell their father's occupation.


In 2005, I happen to work in a matriculation school in a village in Salem District. 

It was about 10 kms from Salem town. There the students were ashamed to even tell the occupation of their father. I was moved very much. I encouraged them telling that they should be very thankful to their parents for making them study in a comparative costly private matriculation school. I would make the child tell about his father's occupation in Tamil. Then I would tell the equivalent word in English. Likewise, I would write the occupations of all the fathers of the students in the black board in English and ask them to copy it.

Qualification of Primary School Teachers

When I was a kid, my father had told me that in Russia for handling the students of the Primary classes they would appoint only teachers of the highest caliber, say like Ph.D holders. In developed countries the most qualified teacher teaches the lowest standards. It is very unfortunate that in India we do just the opposite.

Hence, education had become a "burden" rather than an uplifting tool to the students.  I want to make my sincere attempts to change this.

*** *** ***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Left Handed Doctor - Translation

Fish can not climb tree / Psychology in Tamil EZHILARASAN CHILDCARE 0809 DUPLICATE

Childcare MENU 0514 EZHILARASAN VENKATACHALAM SALEM