MY FATHERHOOD TOWARDS A NEIGHBOUR' S CHILD.

MY FATHERHOOD TOWARDS A NEIGHBOUR' S CHILD 
.

.

MOTHERHOOD IS GREAT. FATHERHOOD IS ALSO GREAT.





  
MY REAL LIFE INCIDENT ON CHILD REARING

 

The knowledge that you could have amassed is still like a handful of sand. They is yet the whole beach sand left out. A great Tamil saying goes. Next to my father-in-law’s house in Ammapet lived a couple. They had a two year old kid called Harish. That kid used to come to theirs house frequently for playing. Myself, my wife my kids used to play with that kid. If we happen to eat something, we used to offer it to him. But his parents will refuse because their doctor had instructed not to give him such things. The boy seemed to be healthy. All my genuine attempts to feed the kid with something nutritious failed. It was the doctors order they said. However, I came to know that the boy used to fall sick very often. They were poor and would said that they would have to pledge their gold jewels to meet his hospital expenses.

I knew that the boy was not really suffering from serious chronic disease like heart disease or asthma. Of course, I am not a medical profession. But one things was crystal clear for me. The doctor has install excess fear in the kid’s parents and making good money. Many times, we would have heard that people praising a doctor had saved their relatives. Hence, they are like God. But here is a cheap doctor who seem to use the kid as a land to “cultivate” disease and have a “bumper crop”  or great harvest. Oh, my God ! I should stop it at any cost I resolved !

Everytime we went to my father-in-law’s place, we would see that boy, Harish. Every time I would insisted to their parents to see a “better” doctor. However, they would refuse saying that all their relatives take their kids only to this doctor. Moreover, he is a “lucky” doctor (Kairaasi). I would ask them to take him to Dr.T.K.P.Thirugnana Sambandam, a doctor who is not after money. I would have to add that since he happen to be my maternal uncle don’t think I am favouring him. I fact he is really an ideal doctor. But they did not pay heed to my word. Like the small insects that falls prey to the like source – they kept on show their kid to the same money making doctor.

Like the others, I don’t have great respect for God or religion because of my brought up. My religion is to think good for others and try to do at least a little. In Tamil they would say, “ARAM SAIYA VIRUMBU”, ie. Think of doing good. I would do little help to people whom I know, now and then. I resolved that in 2 or 3 year I should “split” Harish and parents from the money making doctor and link themn to the good doctor, viz. Dr.T.K.P.Thirugnana Sambandam. I took it as a personal challenge and start to “brain wash” Harish’s parents.

Then, slowly and steadily I went to their house voluntarily and used to ask for tea and coffee. Generally, I was a reserved guy. I was a bit shy and I never like to ask for any help from others. My intention was to get close with them in a few year and start persuading them to go to a good doctor – At any cost.

One fine day, when their son Harish was miserably sick they had taken him to Dr.T.K.P.Thirugnana Sambandam. The boy was in a very serious condition. They narrated that the doctor, Thirugnana Sambandam came. He check up the boy. Then administered an injection and coolly said that he will be alright in 10 or 15 minutes and walked away. It seemed that the boy was back to normal in 10 or 15 minutes. It seemed the doctor had not insisted for admitting in the bed because his condition became better. Moreover he had charged a very meagre amount a fees. This gave Harish’s  parents a pleasant shock. They continued that if they had taken to the old doctor definitely he would have made a bit show and charged about 10 times more money. And would have admitted him in bed compulsorily for 2 or 3 days. And they would have to surely pledge their jewels an umpteenth time for Harish’s hospital emergency expenses. They were all praises to Dr.T.K.P.Thrignana Sambandam, my materal uncle. They even thanked me a lot for what I did.

I told them please go to a temple and pray to your favourite God that Dr.T.K.P.Thirugnana Sambandam should live long! The catch – He does not have any belief in God and does not pray.

I heard them narrate the above story one day when I visited them. It was really a very happy day. At last, after years on meticulous efforts I had done a small good to a poor parent ---WITHOUT GOING TO TEMPLE. I think it was New Year eve perhaps 27 Dec, 2003 and I took it as my vicarious NEW YEAR gift to myself.

A few year back I happen to hear that Harish’s parents are still sticking on to Dr. T.K.P.Thirugnana Sambandam.
                                                                                                                                                                                  ---e3.ezhilarasan
P.S 1 :  
When I met with an accident in 2007, I was bed-ridden for 8 months. At that time, I started writing in Tamil my childcare book no.2. This is my own translation to English from my Tamil version. I want to give it to my daughters to BETTER THEIR ENGLISH.
http://e3childcare.blogspot.com/2010/09/exhibition-on-terrace-top.html

  


e3.ezhilarasan

P.S 1 :When I met with an accident in 2007, I was bed-ridden for 8 months. At that time, I started writing in Tamil my childcare book no.2. This is my own translation to English from my Tamil version. I want to give it to my daughters to BETTER THEIR ENGLISH. 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Left Handed Doctor - Translation

Fish can not climb tree / Psychology in Tamil EZHILARASAN CHILDCARE 0809 DUPLICATE

Childcare MENU 0514 EZHILARASAN VENKATACHALAM SALEM